Silicon (Si) is a bioactive element associated with beneficial effects
on the mechanical and physiological properties of plants
- Silica alleviates abiotic and biotic stresses and increases the resistance of plants to pathogenic fungi.
- Silica influences the timing and extent of plant defense responses
For over 150 years, scientists have recorded the beneficial effects of silicon (Si) in enhancing plant resistance and/or tolerance to various biotic and abiotic stresses.
- In fertilizers silica has shown to enhance plant resistance to diseases and pests.
- Increases food uptake, higher production with lower effort, reduces the negative impacts on environmental health.
- Silica strengthen cell walls.
- Improves the uptake of water and minerals.
- AND…. adds an extra level of protection against fungal diseases such as powdery mildew.
WANNA KNOW MORE?CLICK THE LINKS BELOW
- Soluble silicon and its role in crop disease management of greenhouse crops
- Effects of silicon on wheat plants under control and pathogen stress conditions.
- Silicon and plant disease resistance again against pathogenic fungi
- Defense responses induced by soluble silicon in cucumber roots infected with pythium app